Monday, September 28, 2009
I didn't think that I had enough for a full post today, so instead I have decided to jot down some of the funny observations I have made over the last few weeks in sports. Many have come with the help of people like Dorne, Teddy Dumpay (if anyone can catch that reference, you have earned my respect), and Dill. Tomorrow, I will give my first shot at NFL power rankings. For now though, let's look at a few funny things that we have discovered in sports and the media recently.
1. Possibly the best sports nickname of all time: "Lucky" Pierre Woods. Come on Berman, use it.
2. Kevin Faulk has the funniest looking elbow pads. From here on out, they will be known as "The Honeycombs".
3. Gary Guyton. Sounds White right? Nope, he's black.
4. Patrick Chung. Sounds Asian right? He too is black.
5. Does Fox's piano injury music make anyone feel better? It is very tasteful though. We don't want robots dancing around when someone is injured. Actually we don't want robots dancing around at all.
6. Alan Berger somehow resembles both this man, and this man.
7. Speaking of resemblances, how about Cole Hamels and Matt Cassel?
8. When players get knocked out, they always land in a funny position.
9. Prince Fielder needs to buy everyone a Hi Def tv. It slims him down by about 100 pounds compared to regular.
10. Who needs money more: Evander Holyfield dressing in drag for Taco Bell, or this guy? Apparently he really needed the pizza too. KABOOM!
Enjoy. Power Rankings tomorrow.