Saturday, September 15, 2012

Moose's Weekly Picks

This might be an effort to stay more active with good old TPLIYP.  It might be an effort to see just how well I can forecast games.  Or it might just be a cheap copy of a lot of other websites.  All of that said, I wanted to test my football knowledge by keeping track of my football picks with the spread over the course of an entire season (skipping week 1 and the Thursday night game of course).  Each week, I will endeavor to forecast each game against the spread and check my progress each week.  Sound good?  Let's do it!

WEEK 2:

Tampa Bay (+7) at NY Giants
PICK: Tampa.  This should be a slobberknocker of a game, to quote the great JR.  I like the Giants to win, but not by more than 6. 

Arizona (+13.5) at NEP
PICK: Gotta go NEP.  Kevin Kolb starting for the Cardinals at Gillette Stadium where Brady is 35-1 in his last 36 regular season starts?  This has all the makings of a blowout.  Consider this my "No Doubter" of the week.  Yep, that's what we're gonna go with.

Minnesota (-3) at Indianapolis
PICK: Indy.  I think the Colts can win this game, and Lukas Oil Stadium is always a tough place to play.

New Orleans (-2.5) at Carolina
Pick: Carolina.  New Orleans is still reeling from the whole bounty scandal fiasco, and Scam Newton is looking to rebound at home after a tough start.  I think Carolina will win fairly convincingly.

Kansas City (+3) at Buffalo
PICK: Buffalo.  Buffalo looked awful last week.  This week they will prove that they are not that bad.

Baltimore (+2.5) at Philadelphia
PICK: Baltimore.  Despite several analysts predicting that Vick will have a bounce back game, I gotta go with the Ravens.  The possibility of no Desean Jackson and no Jeremy Maclin could lead to a Ravens blowout.

Oakland (-2.5) at Miami
PICK: Oakland.  Ryan Tannehill looks like one of those quarterbacks that is just not ready to start in the NFL.  The Raiders should win this game by at least 3.

Cleveland (+7) at Cincinnati
PICK: Cincinnati.  Cincy will benefit from the Joe Haden suspension, and Brandon Weeden doesn't just look like, he IS, one of those qbs that is not ready to start in the NFL.  He looks like Ben Roethlisberger though, so that's a plus.

Houston (-7) at Jacksonville
PICK: Houston.  Houston is one of the best teams in the NFL.  I like them to win by double digits.

Dallas (-3) at Seattle
PICK: Dallas.  This will be a test to see if Dallas is for real or not.  I think they will win in a close one.

Washington (-3.5) at St. Louis
PICK: Washington.  Robert Griffin III will have one more good week.  Then he will come back to earth.

NY Jets (+5) at Pittsburgh
PICK: NY Jets.  Not sure what to make of Pittsburgh this year.  They keep losing play makers and I think it is starting to catch up with them.  I guess we'll find out.

Tennessee (+6.5) at San Diego
PICK: Tennessee.  This seems like a let down game for the Chargers, who usually stink in the beginning of the season.

Detroit (+7) at San Francisco
PICK: San Francisco.  The 49ers look like one of the toughest teams in the NFL.  Detroit will test their defense, but I like San Fran to dominate.

Denver (+3) at Atlanta
PICK: Denver.  The Broncos could be one of the best teams in the NFL this year.  With Peyton Manning's offense complimenting their relentless pass rush, they are going to upend the Falcons at home. 


I have a feeling that this is going to be quite a bit harder than I think.  But I am excited to test my skills.  Here goes nothing!

SEASON RECORD: 0-0

No comments:

Post a Comment