Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Moose's Weekly Picks

An ugly week last week dropped Moose back under .500 on the season.  I caught Foles fever and it hindered my ability to impartially pick games.  However, I thought I had several good potshots in my commentary, and we will continue with that positive momentum.  The other good news is that Thanksgiving week will let me get right back to work.  We will right the ship this week!

Houston (-3) at Detroit
PICK: Houston.  It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a Detroit Lions loss.  Ndamukong Suh's recklessness will be center stage as well.  Look for him to deliver the Hogan leg drop to somebody.

Washington (+3.5) at Dallas
PICK: Dallas.  Once again, don't be fooled into thinking that any team is good after they beat the Eagles.  On a side note, I am very disappointed with the dismissal of the robotic turkey on FOX.  His replacement CLEATUS is nowhere near as annoying/awesome.  He also doesn't respond to my tweets asking about the robotic turkey.

NEP (-6.5) at NYJ
PICK: NEP.  I am hesitant to make this pick with no Gronk for the Pats.  However, their defense is looking up and their offense is still pretty scary.  I hope they wear those nice red unis as well.

Oakland (+8) at Cincinnati
PICK: Cincy.  The Bengals defense is pretty good.  Carson Palmer also hates playing in Cincinnati.

Pittsburgh (pick 'em) at Cleveland
PICK: Cleveland.  With no Big Ben, Cleveland wins this game to show that they are this year's "good bad team" a la the Lions of years past.

Buffalo (-3) at Indianapolis
PICK: Indy.  The Colts return home licking their wounds, but they will beat the Bills.

Denver (-10.5) at Kansas City
PICK: Denver.  The Chiefs might want to kick the tires on Elvis Grbac or Steve Deberg at this point.

Tennessee (-3) at Jacksonville
PICK: Tennessee.  Over under on QB changes in this game is 1.5 as well.

Minnesota (pick 'em) at Chicago
PICK: Chicago.  The Bears looked pretty putrid against San Francisco last night, but will likely have Jay Cutler back against the Bikes.  They will also be able to contain Adrian Peterson I think.

Atlanta (-1) at Tampa Bay
PICK: Atlanta.  The leg breaker pulled a fast one on me last week.  This week he is not so lucky.  I'll make this my NO DOUBTER of the week.

Seattle (-3) at Miami
PICK: Seattle.  And now the award for the team that traveled the furthest to be here...

Baltimore (-1) at San Diego
PICK: Baltimore.  Despite the injuries, the Ravens are still playing tough.  Meanwhile, fun fact about Norv Turner; "Turner has coached the most games in NFL history among head coaches with an overall losing record." -Wikipedia

San Francisco (-2) at New Orleans
PICK: New Orleans.  The Saints are on a roll.  I would consider them a legitimate threat to win the NFC at this point.

St. Louis (+2.5) at Arizona
PICK: Arizona.  I can't believe I'm picking Arizona.  This is silly. 

Green Bay (+2.5) at NYG
PICK: Green Bay.  The NYG have looked pretty meek over the last few weeks.  That said, they always beat the Packers, so I dunno.

Carolina (+2.5) at Philadelphia
PICK: Carolina.  How on earth are the Panthers underdogs?  The Eagles literally do nothing well. 


 LAST WEEK: 5-9
SEASON RECORD: 69-70-3
NO DOUBTER RECORD: 5-5








No comments:

Post a Comment