Thursday, December 6, 2012

Moose's Weekly Picks

Moose is fighting mad after a positively terrible 4-12 week.  Not only that, my No Doubter was ruined by a meaningless punt return touchdown by Damaris Johnson at the end of the Eagles game.  Now Moose's back is up against the wall, and it's time to come out swinging.  Let's try and rebound with this week's games. 

Denver (-10) at Oakland
PICK: Denver.  Last week Denver roughed up a decent Tampa Bay team, and this week takes on the lowly Raiders in the Black Hole.  Moose also predicts a high Spanish population at this game.

Baltimore (+2.5) at Washington
PICK: Washington.  Terrell Suggs is out for the Ravens again, and Robert Griffin III is looking transcendent as a rookie QB. 

Kansas City (+6.5) at Cleveland
PICK: Cleveland.  The Brownies don't usually win by a lot, but I have a feeling the Chiefs are about to fall flat after an extremely emotional week last week.

San Diego (+6.5) at Pittsburgh
PICK: Pittsburgh.  The Steel Curtain might be getting Big Ben back this week.  Even if they don't, Norv Turner wants no part of this game.  The weather will freeze the pizza that is his face.


Tennessee (+5.5) at Indianapolis
PICK: Indy.  I'm skewing toward the home team this week.  Plus, I like watching the Colts and hate the Titans.

NYJ (-2.5) at Jacksonville
PICK: Jacksonville.  At least Jacksonville's QB doesn't run headlong into his teammates' bums. I'm pretty sure they'd throw you in a snake pit for that in owner Shahid Khan's home country. 

Chicago (-3) at Minnesota
PICK: Chicago.  Minnesota is 1-4 in their last five games, and only really play well when they can run all over the other team.

Atlanta (-3.5) at Carolina
PICK: Atlanta. Isn't Atlanta good?  Didn't Carolina just lose to the Chiefs?  I'll make this my NO DOUBTER of the week, but I feel like I'm about to be scammed.

Philadelphia (+7.5) at Tampa Bay
PICK: Philadelphia.  The Iggs have taken a bitter pill over the past few weeks, casting off all the players and coaches responsible for a terrible locker room environment.  I think they come out and play well this week against the Leg Breaker and his henchmen.

St. Louis (+3) at Buffalo
PICK: St. Louis.  Jeff Fisher knows a thing or two about beating Buffalo.





Dallas (+3) at Cincinnati
PICK: Cincinnati.  I'm basing this pick solely on what the Bengals did to the Giants earlier this year. 

Miami (+10) at San Francisco
PICK: San Francisco.  Miami has been playing better lately.  But I think the 49ers power running and strong defense will expose the 'Phins.

New Orleans (+5) at NYG
PICK: New Orleans.  Two of the more inconsistent teams in the NFL.  I keep going to the well with New Orleans and they keep burning me.  I'll try one more time.

Arizona (+10) at Seattle
PICK: Seattle.  The Cardinals have no offense. 

Detroit (+7) at Green Bay
PICK: Green Bay.  I will use this space to discuss what a dirtbag Ndamakong Suh is.  He keeps getting called out for dirty plays, yet for some reason keeps defending himself by saying "I would never do that," or "I'm not that type of player."  You clearly are that type of player, and you ALWAYS do that.  I don't get what we're missing here.  Suh's repeated violations are also a microcosm of Jim Schwartz's control over this team.

Houston (+3.5) at New England
PICK: New England.  The game of the century!  I'm taking New England because the last time the Texans had to go up against an offense like this (Green Bay) they got burned.  Also, BB.





LAST WEEK: 4-12
SEASON RECORD: 80-89-5
NO DOUBTER RECORD: 5-6-1










1 comment: