Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Moose's Weekly Picks

Moose proved once again last week that he is the one of the bosses when it comes to picking wild card round playoff football games.  Some years ago on this very blog, I went 4-0 in wild card week.  This year, I tacked a solid 3-1 record up there, AND predicted Robert Griffin getting injured again.  That's not something you can find just around the corner.  Instead of going into a rant about how big of a dirtbag (and bad coach..the guy couldn't even make a throw, why keep him in?) Mike Shanahan is, I am just going to make my picks for this week.

Baltimore (+9.5) at Denver
PICK: Baltimore.  9.5 points is a lot to give up against a playoff team.  I know the Broncos pasted the Ravens by 17 in Baltimore the last time these two played, but I think the Ravens defense and offense have improved since then.   Meanwhile, the Broncos have only played laughers against the Browns and Chiefs since that game.

Green Bay (+3) at San Francisco
PICK: Green Bay.  I am picking against history here as well, as the 49ers beat the Pack 30-22 in San Fran early in the season.  I just don't see Aaron Rodgers losing to Colin "Heliocentric" Kaepernick(us) in a qb matchup.  Also, the Packers defense is getting healthy at the right time.  This is the closest thing to a No Doubter that I can find this week.

Seattle (+2.5) at Atlanta
PICK: Atlanta.  As much as I like Seattle, I think it is time for Matty Ice to get over the playoff hump.  The Falcons have been tough to beat at the Georgia Dome, and played well against some tough teams.  They won't be intimidated by Seattle, but I am still worried about this pick.

Houston (+9.5) at NEP
PICK: NEP.  Tommy Brady said this game will be different, but I think the outcome will be the same.  The Texans defense isn't dynamic enough to stop Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Lloyd and the running attack.  On the other side of the ball, I think that the Pats defense can hold the Texans down enough to make this a double digit victory.

LAST WEEK: 3-1
NO DOUBTER: 1-0



No comments:

Post a Comment