Thursday, December 10, 2015

Moose's Weekly Picks

7-9 last week with the playoffs looming and my record teetering ever so close to .500.  Let's call in Matt Foley to get us BACK ON THE RIGHT TRACK after that.  Teams are jockeying for playoff position this week, while others will begin to take a long winter's nap into that first overall pick in the draft.  Let's try and break it down something proper.

MINNESOTA (+11) at ARIZONA: At first you are like' "11 points?  Aren't the Vikes 8-4?"  Good first instincts, but the Vikings eight wins come against teams with a combined record of 34-47.  Their four losses have come against teams with a combined record of 29-19 (partially skewed by the lowly Niners).  Arizona has a winning record, and this game is in the Desert.  GIMME Zona.  PICK: Arizona

PITTSBURGH (+3) at CINCINNATI: I am looking for Pittsburgh to re-stake their claim to this division on Sunday.  Big Ben has three bonafide targets at WR, and Deangelo Williams has not missed a beat filling in for Leveon Bell.  The Bengals haven't played anybody good since they stubbed their toes two weeks in a row against Houston and Arizona.  PICK: Pittsburgh

BUFFALO (-1.5) at PHILADELPHIA: Well, the Iggs pulled off the improbable last week against the pitter Pats.  I was more shocked than anybody.  It was like the two teams switched places last week.  Very strange.  Anyway, another week and another AFC East foe.  Rule of thumb after a Rex win is a loss the next week.  I'll take that bait.  PICK: Philadelphia

ATLANTA (+7.5) at CAROLINA: The Panthers blew what seemed like an easy No Doubter for me last week.  This week I think they continue to roll, and Atlanta continues their downfall.  I am also continually amazed by Cam Newton.  On a weekly basis he makes a play that defies the physical abilities of a human being.  He also seems like a nice guy.  PICK: Carolina

SAN FRANCISCO (+1.5) at CLEVELAND: The thought of watching this game makes me sicker than Homer was after eating the expired Kwik-E-Mart ham.  PICK: San Francisco


WASHINGTON (+3) at CHICAGO: Washington stinks on the road.  The Bears stink at home.  Something's got to give.  I'll take the Skins I suppose.  PICK: Washington

DETROIT (-2.5) at ST. LOUIS: At first I thought the Rams made out like bandits on the Foles deal.  Then I thought it was a wash (2nd round pick not withstanding).  Now is it possible the Eagles won that deal?  I suppose we'll find out in the next few games.  Anyway, in this one I will go with the team with Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford over the team with Case Keenum and Wes Welker.  Make it my No Doubter.  PICK: Detroit

SAN DIEGO (+10) at KANSAS CITY: Kansas City and Fat Andy are on a hot streak, but 10 points is a lot to give up to a division rival.  Especially a division rival with Big Phil Rivers at quarterback.  PICK: San Diego

NEW ORLEANS (+4) at TAMPA BAY: I've been mulling this one over in my head for a while.  The Saints defense is god awful, but Famous Jameis isn't exactly lighting the world on fire in terms of td passes.  I guess I will still bet on the famous one though.  Also, I apologize for not posting the Jameis touchdown counter last week.  PICK: Tampa


INDIANAPOLIS (+1) at JACKSONVILLE: Is plucky Luck back yet?  Easier test for the Colts this week, and Hasselbeck beat them last time.  PICK: Indy

TENNESSEE (+7) at NYJ: Fuck Tennessee. All hail Fitzy! PICK: NYJ

NEP (-3) at HOUSTON: Gronk was seen practicing this week.  That is a good thing for football.  I can't remember the last time the Pats lost three in a row.  BB has O'Brien in his back pocket.  PICK: NEP

OAKLAND (+7.5) at DENVER: The Silver and Black were contenders for a hot minute, but have fallen to 5-7 on the year.  I see the Brockos taking them to school.  PICK: Denver

DALLAS (+7) at GREEN BAY: Did the Packers get their mojo back last week?  If it means they beat Dallas this week, I hope so.  A Rod should be able to pick apart the Dallas defense at Lambeau.  PICK: Green Bay

SEATTLE (-9) at BALTIMORE: Live look at Seattle:

PICK: Seattle

NYG (-1) at Miami: Gotta think the NYG are able to beat the Phins.  Coughlin, pull your damn head outta your ass for one game.  PICK: NYG

LAST WEEK: 7-9
OVERALL: 93-92-7
NO DOUBTER: 6-7





No comments:

Post a Comment